Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Miscommunication


The biggest miscommunication that i have had in the work place would be a few summers back when I was a lifeguard. I was in ninth grade and this was my first summer life guarding. I was a young rookie and had no other option but to look up to the older employees. Well, after watching some of their actions I thought it was OK to slack off and goof around. I found out the hard way it was not OK to do these things. So the miscommunication is that I interpreted from other employees that it was OK to do these things. The aftermath was that I had to find out the hard way that this was not OK. The lesson learned is that I should not trust fellow workers who are not in charge, only the boss. Next time, if I have a question about a procedure I'll make sure I have correct information.

No comments: